If you need to sell stock, there are a lot of options out there for disposal:
auctions, online listing services, private sale, dealers, brokers and more. It can make deciding how to sell an overwhelming task. Asking these questions will help you decide which option will make it easiest for you, and get you the best results possible:
- What is the No1 reason I should use this method of selling? Different sales methods have different benefits: fast, easy, low upfront costs, maximum returns. Ask this question to make sure you find a method that fits your business goals and a company that will help you put a plan together to achieve them.
- What is included in your fee or commission? The cost and time involved in selling can add up quickly and cut into your net returns – storage, stock. inspections, photos, advertising, payment collection and more. Find out exactly what you get for your money and if there are any hidden or extra costs involved. A full service solution can save you money and time. If you’re willing to invest the time and want control of the selling process, a self-serve on-line only platform can work well too, or a combination of both.
- Can you help me with things like stock shipping, insurance, repair, etc? Find out what other services are offered that will help make the process easier and get you better returns on your stock.
- How will you get me the best possible price for my stock?Marketing is key to a successful sale. If you want the best return for your valuable assets, make sure your stock is exposed to the right people in the right industry sectors through a well-thought out, targeted marketing and advertising plan. Or if you’re selling privately, make sure you use a service platform that’s targeted to and caters to your industry – as opposed to just general classified-type ads.
- Will potential buyers be able to inspect and test my stock?Buyers who can touch, feel, inspect and test your stock at their convenience will have more confidence in what your selling, and are more likely to buy closer to the price you are looking for. If you decide to sell privately, try to make yourself available and be sure to post detailed descriptions along with lots of high resolution photos for potential buyers. All our auctions have 3 days of open viewings, but we also do afterhours and weekend appointments to facilitate people.
- How many buyers do you typically attract?More interested buyer’s means better returns on your stock. We are happy to show you our figures and our actual sale results and specific numbers of active buyers and/or unique website visitors etc.
- Is it easy for people to buy my stock? You will reach more buyers by selling your stock to a global audience and offering a choice of easy buying methods (including buying at a physical location or online, as well as offering easy payment options, such as cash, debit/credit cards or certified cheque aswell as other services like shipping). Giving people different options creates more demand and allows buyers from across different regions to purchase your stock.
- Can you tell me when my stock. will be sold, and when I will get paid?
Idle stock isn’t making you money, and it may cost you money too in storage, insurance, evendepreciation. Find out if your stock will be sold by an agreed-upon hard date, and if you will get the proceeds in a reasonable time frame. If time isn’t an issue for you, using our self-serve online platform means you’re protected if a buyer defaults on payment when your stock sells.
- Can you show me what kind of results you have had in the past had in the past?Success is measured by numbers, so ask to see them. But reputation counts too, so references and names of past clients should be available to you. Also check our case studies section.
- How much experience do you have with the industry I work in? you want a experienced knowledgeable company, that understands your business, sells a lot of your type of stock and has good industry relations will make all the difference when it comes to getting the returns you want and need, so don’t hesitate to interview them extensively.
Not finding what you want? Reach out directly through our Contact Us page or Contact us confidentially to discuss any off your strategic restructuring & corporate recovery requirements. To schedule a consultation with us, then drop us a line! or why not call, +353 (0) 21 2357108 or +353 (0) 86 410 9848