Conditions of Sale at “Public Auction” for Dabbid.com Auctions:
- Payment should be made by Cash/Bank – Debit/Credit Cards – Draft/Certified Cheque.
- All lots up to €10 hammer prices are subject to €2.00 inclusive of VAT
- All lots greater than €10.01 are subject to commission of 20% inclusive of VAT
- All lots must be removed by 5pm on day after the Auction.
- The Auction is held Subject to the conditions of sale.
- This sale will be conducted in Euro (€)
Conditions of Sale
- Each Purchaser shall be deemed to have inspected and to be thoroughly acquainted with the contents and conditions of the lot or lots purchased by him, and to have purchased same subject to all faults, deficiencies, imperfections and errors (if any) of any description therein, and no allowance whatsoever shall be made in respect of any such fault, imperfection or error or any difficulty of access. Each lot is sold on the basis of ‘as is, where is, how is’.
- The description, measurements, serial and machine numbers, quantities and weights set out in the catalogue are believed to be correct, but no guarantee or warranty is given or is to be implied as to the correctness of such descriptions measurements, quantities or weights, or the genuineness or authenticity of any lot or its fitness for any particular purpose.
- FROM FALL OF THE HAMMER EACH LOT SHALL BE AT THE SOLE RISK OF THE PURCHASER, and must be cleared and removed without fail, at the Purchaser’s expense, in such order as the Auctioneer or their representatives shall direct NOT LATER THAN 5 pm ON THE on the following day, after which time any lot, or lots remaining on the premises will be liable for rent, rates, taxes, personnel wages and expenses, and will also be liable to be removed from the premises and left outside at the Purchaser’s risk in all respects.
- The Auctioneer reserve the right to alter, divide, group or withdraw any lot or lots either before or at any time during the sale, or give options on any lot or lots at any time during the sale.
- Any iron, plates, pipes, metal, or any articles which may be found under or near any lots and not mentioned in the catalogue, the Auctioneer reserves for the Vendor.
- If any damage be done to the buildings or any other lot by taking down or removal of any lot, such damage shall be made good by, or at the expense of the person or persons committing such damage or his or their employer.
- NO LIABILITY WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE VENDOR OR THE AUCTIONEER FOR PERSONAL INJURIES OF ANY DESCRIPTION AND FROM WHATSOEVER CAUSE ARISING FROM OR SUSTAINED BY ANY PERSON WHILST ON THE PROPERTY OF THE VENDOR FOR THE PURPOSE OF INSPECTION, OR DURING THE SALE, OR WHILST REMOVING ITEMS FOLLOWING THE SALE, OR ON THE PREMISES OF THE AUCTIONEER IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE.
- Each Purchaser shall be responsible for and will release and indemnify the Vendor, their servants and agents from and against all liability for (a) personal injury (whether fatal or otherwise) (b) loss or damage to property and (c) any other loss, damage, cost and expenses however caused or incurred (except when proved to have been caused solely by the negligence of the Vendor or their servants or agents)
- Each Purchaser shall provide all vehicles, equipment and labour necessary for the removal of lots purchased by him. Lifting from the roof of any building is prohibited.
- Flame cutting and the use of explosives are prohibited, except by permission from the Auctioneer in writing.
- Neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneer will hold themselves responsible for any lots while on the premises. NO LOTS SHALL BE DELIVERED OUTSIDE THE DATES AND HOURS SET OUT HEREUNDER, NOR WILL THE AUCTIONEER TRANSFER LOTS FROM ONE BUYER TO ANOTHER.
- IF ANY DISPUTE OR DIFFERENCE ARISES IN RELATION TO ANY LOT OR THE INTERPERTATION OF THESE CONDITIONS, THE SAME SHALL BE SETTLED BY THE AUCTIONEER AND HIS DECISION SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL PARTIES CONCERNED.
- If the Purchaser shall make default in payment of his purchase money, or neglect to comply with these conditions, or any of them, all money paid by him or his agent at the time of the sale shall be forfeited to the Vendor who shall be at liberty to re-sell the lot or lots at such time or times as they may think proper and without notice to the party or parties making default, either by public sale or private contract, and the deficiency (if any) shall immediately be paid by the Purchaser or Purchasers making default or neglecting to comply with these conditions, and in the case of non-payment thereof, the same shall be recoverable as and for all liquidated damages. Any surplus arising on such re-sale shall belong solely to the Vendor. This condition shall not prejudice the Vendor or Auctioneer right to enforce the contract made at this present sale.
- Any lot which may be or be construed to be a “motor vehicle” within the meaning of Section 13 of the Sales of Goods Supply of Services Act 1980, is offered for sale upon the condition that it is agreed by the Auctioneer, on behalf of the Vendor, and the Purchaser, that such a lot is not intended for use in the condition in which it is when both offered for sale and delivered to the Purchaser.
- Auctioneer premium is charged @ 20% inclusive of VAT.